Monday, October 15, 2007

My Spiral Weekend



An entire weekend was laid out in front of me, and what did I do? Well, I purchased some beads on Ebay. I'm very excited about that. I'm preparing to have my kitchen floors refinished. I'm not excited about that. Most of the weekend was spent moving in spirals. Tight spirals. I can't tell if I've made any progress on anything.

Right now I'm working on a commission. My studio is covered in fabric samples, and during the entire weekend (included all day Friday), all I managed to do was move a couple samples around. Whew! Such hard work. Maybe some progress has been made, but at this point, it doesn't seem like it. These spirals drive me nuts. I can't see the end of them until I am actually at the end. Maybe that's a good thing. If I actually knew how long these spirals were, I would never get started in the first place.

Perhaps its more like being in one of those hamster balls. Rolling, rolling, rolling and never really getting anywhere. Or maybe that's what next weekend will be like. Or there could be some gerbil wheel action.

Hopefully my next post will show loads of progress on something. Anything.

No comments: