Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Signs of the Times XXIX and XXX

Signs of the Times XXIX, 6 x 6"


Signs of the Times XXX, 6 x 6"

Signs of the Times XXIX contains text about Pittsburgh, PA from a vintage book. Signs of the times XXX contains pieces of a vintage map of Central Park in New York City. Both of these pieces are now available on Etsy.

This is the end of the series. All of the remaining bits and pieces have been filed and stored. The scraps are in their boxes. The studio was cleaned. It's over. Actually, its been over for about three weeks now. I've just been trotting out a couple of pieces at a time.

I've been doing some puttering in the studio. I do have a new piece to show you in a couple of days. But that's been it. I've been looking in books. Looking at nature. Staring at the floor and ceiling. I'm waiting for the next idea to hit.

I feel weird. I feel wrong. This has been the longest I've gone without "the next thing" sitting there waiting. I have a strange untied feeling, like I should be floating, but I feel very heavy instead.

I'm off to get some pruning sheers and attack a few shrubs. And then guess where I'm going. Just see if you can guess before you scroll down.




Target. You knew it didn't you?

3 comments:

Diane said...

These pieces are very cool--I love them!!

Marty Mason said...

Love your newest....and happy hunting at Target!

layers said...

When I am feeling a bit lost and lonely in my studio I either head outside to work in my greenhouse or gardens or head to Target too... birds of a feather (artists) are so similar.