Saturday, April 24, 2010

Signs of the Times XXXI and XXXII

Signs of the Times XXXI, 6 x 6"


Signs of the Times XXXII, 6 x 6"


While showing a friend my new work a few weeks ago, she seemed quite interested in these new little pieces. I showed her my vintage map of New York City with its wonderful blue color. She asked if I would do a piece for her with bits of the map, preferably with sections of the upper west side -- her old stomping grounds.

I decided to do two pieces and let her choose. She chose both.

I wish I had time to get better photos, but these were whisked out of the door before better outdoor conditions came around. That beautiful blue did not show up too well.

I believe there are six more to photograph and put up for sale on Etsy. Looks like tomorrow will be overcast and a good day for photographing. Then, it seems the series will be over. Never say never, of course. But . . .

I heard a little pinging noise in my head the other day. Like something teeny had been lodged in one of the gears in my brain and had finally fallen out. There's the possibility of new ideas.

Oh, I hope.

4 comments:

aimee said...

these turned out great - the colors have an earthy map-like feel. and yay for pinging in the brain! let's hear it for mental popcorn!

Wiggy said...

Your friend is a lucky one to own such awesome pieces.

And you know what Hogie! I hear those gears all the way out here in the midwest working. I hear the possibilities!!!!!

Do it!!!!!

Juliette Crane said...

it's so hard to wait for the sun when you have new art to share. i just love these new pieces! the details are amazing and it so awesome that you could create your friend this special piece based on the vintage maps you had. than kyou for the inspiration!

xoxo, juliette

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site kimhambricart.blogspot.com
Is this possible?