Saturday, March 31, 2012

Living Vicariously

Vicarious Voyage, collage on board, 16x16" ©2012 Kim Hambric

Often (too often), I prefer being a spectator to being a participant.  I am an observer, not an adventurer.    Those messages to get up off of my butt and get out in the world fall on deaf ears.  Maybe, just maybe, when I don't think anyone is watching me, I'll put myself out there.  Briefly.  Not wanting or waiting to be judged.

This piece is now in my Etsy shop.

I wonder if I added the houses to this piece because, after a couple of days away from home, I long to return.  Or, no matter where I go, I always want to see the homes of the natives.  Could be that I'm just obsessed with real estate.

1 comment:

Missouri Bend Paper Works said...

Love this piece Kim! I like the flower forms floating on top and the color palette! I don't think you are obsessed with real estate, rather, like me, you obsessed with sanctuary! Do you often feel like a curmudgeon like I do? One short evening with a bunch of people and I need and elixir of quiet and a double dose of time alone!