Sunday, September 23, 2007

Will this Bird Become a Series?


I knew I had to include a bird in a piece immediately. I knew I had to include a house shape in a piece immediately. And trees, I must have trees. Last week I carved two bird stamps and then a tree stamp. And somehow the house shape for the quilt just happened. I’m also not sure whether the piece is too busy, not busy enough or just right. Is it too Halloweeny? Too dark? I feel I must have all questions answered before I start the next piece. Maybe I should give myself very few options and do another very similar piece and get started. I know that it must be house shaped! I love the shape although I cannot find a way to crop the photo so that it looks good. Hmm, photo looks good here, just not on my website. This piece is called Goldwing in Winter

1 comment:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

This is beautiful! My favorite images- trees and birds.

Thanks Kim for visiting my blog and for your comment. I love your work and will be back to visit.