Friday, September 4, 2009

You Are Here?

First, I want to thank those of you who gave advice on preventing smears on printouts. Nothing works. It's gotta be me. I tried a spray varnish since using a brush or my finger to apply matte medium makes the ink smear. Well, the ink smeared anyway. Perhaps the ink hadn't dried long enough after printing. I no longer care. I tried the toxic spray varnish. In a well ventilated area. OUTSIDE. I left the paper to dry for half an hour then brought it in. The fumes were still overpowering. I just can't deal with that stuff. I think cancer cells are busy dividing right now. I'm just not cut out for working with anything more dangerous than water (but I'm guessing that's dangerous, too).

Second, thanks for being supportive of my idiocy in tossing my sewing patterns. I found a couple of vintage 60's patterns quite inexpensively on Etsy. They should be on the way. Some lovely patterns that would be well-suited for Mad Men. I even love the envelopes they are packaged in.

This photo is of a piece tentatively entitled You Are Here (7 x 7"). It may be a series. We'll have to see. I'm not quite sure if this piece is done yet. It will show up on Etsy if and when it is. Does it look done to you? I'm loving working with paper!

5 comments:

lori vliegen said...

i'm so sorry about all of your printer ink challenges....nothing can put a damper on creativity faster than techno issues! i love your new piece!! :)

p said...

looks done to me. looked at the close up of it and love the rolled up paper on the left...and love the map stuff. its wonderful kim!

layers said...

beautiful color sense and combinations of papers and map.

ArtPropelled said...

It looks finished to me. Very nice!! I like the addition of rolled paper beads.

Jo James said...

Looks done. And fabulous!