Friday, February 24, 2012

Way Excited!!!

I've been walking like an injured dog.  Circling.  Circling.  Trying to get away from whatever it is that is hurting me.  A dog will just keep circling.  A human, such as I, will finally throw up her hands and scream at the sky.

That's when the hubby comes in and says:  "Why don't you find one of those art retreats or courses and go somewhere to try something different?"

"Huh?  I don't have any money, that's why."

And then he says, "We'll take some of the money from the last course I taught and send you somewhere."

I'm thinking he actually wants to help me and not just rid of me and my black clouds.

So, I do some searching . . .

Surface Design in Columbus, Ohio.  Maybe.  I could drive there.  That would be the reasonable thing to do.

"Didn't you once mention something in Portland, Oregon?"

"Uh.  Yeah," I stammered.

"So check into that."

And I did.  And I whined that it was too far from downtown Portland.  And I said it would be too expensive.  And then hubby got on the computer and looked up flights and costs.  And then I got on the Art and Soul Portland website and then I found it . . .

. . . a class with Jessie Reno! This is something I have DREAMED about, but never had the guts to do. So now, I'm registered for the class. Now I need to figure out the logistics of travel, child care, moving money and what not. I also need to figure out how to extend the trip to take Donna Watson's course also.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

10 comments:

Colleen Kole said...

What a sweet husband -and what a great opportunity for you! Congrats to you-
May all your clouds leave you!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'm totally jealous.

p said...

good for you! you being way excited is WONDERFUL. congrats!!!!

Professor Chaos said...

They just might learn a thing or two from you!

Missouri Bend Paper Works said...

KIm, wonderful news!!! This is perfect and just what you need! There is nothing like the rejuvenation of taking of workshop, meeting new people etc. You will be totally revitalized....now I'm quite jealous!!! But, am working on a grant that will hopefully fund some exploration in encaustic....but Donna Watson...oh, that would be fabulous too....so many possibilities....have an amazing trip of discovery!!

Ellen said...

Checked out his work, WOWZA. So excited for you, what a great creative vacation to take to energize and stimulate you. And in Portland too!

Susan said...

lucky dog!

Nellie's Needles said...

Woo Hoo! You GO girl!

Dana Barbieri said...

That is wonderful! You have a great husband. I have heard Jesse Reno is great! xo

Chris said...

This sounds like heaven. Good for you! These kinds of classes, where you go AWAY to take them? Nothing better. I just signed up for a class, it is near me, but it is for FIVE DAYS! It's in August, but I love having something to look forward to.