Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Me Also (am I becoming my mother?)

Me Also, 6 x 6" ©2012 Kim Hambric

In some way, this piece is about my concern(?) over slowly becoming my mother.  Am I trying to avoid this?  Am I giving in to this?  How fast can I run away from this?

The big "CH?"  My mother's initials.  The two similar houses?  My house is very little like my mother's house, yet are (were) they both traps?  And the meaning of everything else in this piece?  The shapes and colors are just a small selection of what was littered around my table on the day this piece was created.

This piece is available in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Interesting your concern becoming like your mother. I could not answer you if you are or not, but I think no matter how hard we try, we are just like them.

Is that a bad thing? I don't know.

Like your piece by the way and my house is no way like my Mother's house.

p said...

i'm sure a shrink would have a hey day with it. there is a coldness,a starkness to it and yet a lightness depending on how you look at it. at least it isnt a chaotic dark mess :) it's tentative psychologically speaking.