Monday, February 16, 2009

The Party's Over

. . . but remnants still remain. Red and yellow crepe paper streamers are everywhere. Balloons are drifting down from the ceiling. The dog keeps finding tasty bits under the furniture and rugs (rugs?).

Nine screaming little girls. Two overwhelmed adults. This year is the first that NONE of the other parents have stayed. We usually have the party in the late afternoon just in case some of the adults would like an adult beverage. We also had some adult snacks prepared and the coffee maker was set up. And the kids were quickly shoved into the house. Most of the parents, well, we just saw their backsides. My husband and I made the joke that next year, it will be a drive by party. The parents slow the car down a little, and the kid comes flying out. Even for those that walked, some just stood on the sidewalk and had the kid ring the doorbell. We still have plenty of those adult snacks left over.

Only two children bled. My daughter was one of them. I think the thumbnail is going to hang in there instead of turning black and falling off. Last night at 9:00, the mother of one of the kids called to inform me of her daughter's pinkeye. She let us know that it was contagious long before symptoms showed up. Oh, well. I'm going to hope for the best.

Other than that, things are swell.

Still trying to think of names for my new pieces. I pulled the Thesaurus out yesterday & I now have a long list of ideas.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Adults beverages, do you mean like BOOZE? If that's the case then my daughter needs to be friends with your daughter, so I can come to her party next year. My neighbourhood is so uptight, people would be aghast at such a thing. But a glass of wine and pin something on Mao:) would be a great formula for grownup fun.

Good luck with naming those lovely new pieces. I find naming tough too.

jason said...

Thesauruses (thesauri?) are fun!:)