Friday, February 13, 2009

Almost Seven

I spent too much time goofing off today to actually find a moment to post a photo here.

Well, is blogging necessarily goofing off? Probably.

Then there are the birthday party preparations to deal with. My daughter will be seven this weekend and tomorrow is the big day. The day looked forward to all year. Or at least since Christmas. So I had the goody bags to put together. And presents to wrap. And activities to think up for 9 little girls. This year's theme is "Chinese." My daughter's idea. Far better than yet ANOTHER princess party. We're going to make a dragon, eat Chinese food off of red plates, and play pin the nose on Mao. Just kidding about that last one.

And to top it off, I had to go out and buy Valentine cards. Darn those Hallmark holidays!

And, of course, I had to go get a milkshake for lunch.

And peruse the magazine stand.

I've completed a great deal of work the last week or so. For once. Four of the five New Orleans quilts are completed (completely completed), and number five is almost done.

All I have to do is name them. I'm still looking for ideas.

But time to turn the brain and ears off until after the party. Good God, the noise. There's going to be so much noise.

Happy Valentine's Day. The pressure is on. Go be romantic dammit.

No comments: