Friday, August 1, 2008

How Chic

I've recently had a book binge. Perhaps to avoid working or learning how to use this blasted laptop, I have been reading "helpful" books. The most recent conquest is Colin Cowie Chic.

I must admit, this book is a bit beyond me. I do not have to tip the pool boy when I travel, nor do I need to know how to serve Port at my next soiree. However, it did inspire me to organize and improve my surroundings.

After seeing photos of the insides of his kitchen cabinets and drawers, I rushed to Target to purchase some drawer organizers. I love the looks of organized storage -- everything in its own little compartment. Somewhat reminiscent of my quilts. Anyway, within a couple of hours of arriving home, this photo is the result. I was in such a hurry, I neglected to take a "before" photo. Here is the "before" photo of my next project. Tune in later to see the results. I have sent my family off to spend the weekend with my in-laws. Yes, I will miss them (including he in-laws), but just imagine what I can clean up in the next 48 hours. Yes, well, and I do have to do a few things in the studio, too.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love to get organized too!!! Tell me the secret! Or do I find the answer at Target! : ) Good luck Hogie! ; )

Ellen said...

Weird synchronicity. Eyeshadow crumbled all over my bathroom drawer so I was just looking for a one of these. AND I was just at Target the other day, which wouldn't seem like a big deal, but I live in Canada, (we don't have Target here, I was in Washington). $1.47 tank tops? I hate admitting how excited I got, it completely appeals to the cheap, suburban mom in me.