Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Another Wall for Wile E.


Just when I thought I was ready to go live on that darn website, I run into another wall.  Will Wile E. Coyote ever catch that roadrunner?

Two Mondays ago, I was patting myself on the back for completed several more pieces AND photographing them, cleaning up those photographs, and having it all organized for putting on the website.  Then, I went back to the studio to pat myself on the back there.  I noticed one of my pieces did not look right.  Something had changed.  Upon inspection of several other pieces, they did not look right either.  Seems as if something I had used on several pieces was not a good idea.  Anyway, last week was spent in an attempt to fix them.  Most seem fixable.  One is probably bound for the trash bin.  Two others are on the fence.  And while I would like to be working on the website and new pieces, I am spending time correcting the past.

Anyway.  Two Tuesdays ago, I felt it was all going to be tossed in the trash and there was nothing I could do but go out and buy a handbag.  My latest one had just one more day left in it.  In my frame of mind, I bought two.  Spiffy.

And then a new mess of art supplies.  One order I thought would take care of the mess.  It did not.  The supplies in the next order seemed to help.  When in doubt, throw money.

But the best idea I seem to have had in a while is the purchase of new wooden letter stamps.



 Love these!  The large ones are 5" tall!  I must use these soon to improve my mood.  They were filthy little buggers.  Covered with decades old oily ink.  Not sure I have removed all of the ink.  They still have the tangy, dangerous smell of a grandfather's dank workshop.  These alphabets are far from being complete.  Hopefully, I will soon have an "OMG!" piece in the works.  Might have to do a LOL piece with the larger letters.

Has anyone out there ever thrown away a completed piece?



3 comments:

Dr. MVM said...

I've tossed many 'completed' pieces because they ended up not looking like what I had envisioned.

Professor Chaos said...

It just goes to show ya, it's always something!

layers said...

It seems to be never ending... the journey of work, re-working, trying this, fixing that, and then something new... I have a bunch of those wooden letters from a windfall a few years ago and I love them too.