Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What to buy a whippersnapper

My brilliant, gorgeous, out-going nieces have just turned 21.  I have NO IDEA what to buy or do for them for their birthday.  We live about 6 hours apart & since they have gone off to college, I don't get to see them often.

I searched for suggestions online and haven't come up with too many inspiring ideas.  And the mere mention of sending them on a vacation makes my eyes roll and my wallet have spasms.

If anyone out there has been through this and can be of help, I would appreciate your sharing ideas with me!!!

6 comments:

Colleen Kole said...

From my 21 year old daughter: coffee card to a local place, coffee sent from your favorite local place ( I see a theme here...) , movie tickets, a handmade pillow for the boring infamous black futon they all have, a set of kitchen utensils( they are dreaming of their own place) in a mason jar, a set of pillowcases handmade, subscription to a magazine....homemade jam or local jam. That's all she could come up with.

I wish she would have told me some of these things two months ago when it was her birthday. I love she put the word local in there.

p said...

does she have a pinterest account or etsy? see what she favs....or like colleen said, coffe certificats or food stuff.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Gift cards to Amazon or Barnes & Noble are always good.

Unknown said...

This month I heard from the mom of someone I gave a mending kit for high school graduation. The young woman, now out of college and living on her own, hunted it up last time she was home and took it with her to the big city. :)

jason said...

21? Well, around here it'd be a couple of drinks.

Ok, so maybe that'd be more for the 11th birthday. :)

ArtPropelled said...

Now that's a difficult one!A good weekend bag, napsack, suitcase .... or if it were my birthday it would be all about books.