Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good Girl

Good Girl, 8 x 8" ©2011 Kim Hambric

Once upon a time, I strived to be a good girl.  This has nothing to do with making out behind the school cafeteria.  I'm talking about always wanted to fit in, looked pleased, not make a fuss .  .  .  to act like the good girl.

What a waste of time.

I'm certainly not encouraging badness.  Far from it.  But the constant effort to be constantly correct is exhausting.  And I'm through with it (maybe, hopefully).

This is a messy, swirly do what I want piece.  And I really love what one can do with those bar codes that are on every durn magazine insert.

This piece is available on Etsy.

2 comments:

Mar gar et said...

Rumor has it that Grandma Moses was quite the rabble rouser herself!

Me likes your 'coffee shop' art. No wait, too nice.

It's al-riight....sorta.

Chris said...

Funny how showing your dissatisfaction can be interpreted as "badness" My dear, you are entering the "fuck you fifties." It's OK if you come in a little early! And art is a safe place to say "fuck you." Love it.