Thursday, March 26, 2009

Heading Across the Pond

My trip to London and Oxford is in a few days. I don't think I have mentioned this yet. I haven't done much research on it yet. I still have a few remnants of the New Orleans series scattered about and haven't wanted to put anything else in my head. I'm hoping to do some new pieces in the series and also hoping to do some pieces inspired by the Zydeco music that has been in my mix lately.

I'm not sure what the trip will do to me artwise. All I need is new input to really knock me off track. It doesn't sound like I am too excited about this trip, does it? I most definitely am, but I'm just trying to get some things laid out so I can easily drag myself back into New Orleans mode when I return.

The hubby and I went to London about 15 years ago. All I remember are parks and pubs. And the flu. Good God, the flu. I have never been so sick. For this visit, we will have a young one with us and probably won't spend as much time in the pubs. We MUST do the zoo, I've been told. And we MUST see the Lion King while we're there, just in case it is a bit different than the American version.

Does anybody have any input? We will be staying close to Trafalgar Square. I have one small art museum in mind. Apparently, when we take our daughter to art museums, someone always sneaks up to her and pours lead shot into her shoes and clouds her head with opiates. Our museum time will definitely be limited.

No comments: