Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yes We Can . . . Vote

I spent the day yesterday volunteering at my local polling place. From 6:15 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. It was quite exciting.

I even got chills when my ballot came up on the voting machine. CHILLS. I've been voting for over 20 years & I still get excited about the process. I must say I was more excited this time than I have been in the past.

My precinct is very close to the Penn State Campus. There are loads of students living in my neighborhood & there were several dozen first time voters that I assisted yesterday. One beaming mother photographed her daughter as she cast her first ballot. All of these "kids" were thrilled about what they were doing. I know some of them may not be as thrilled this morning, but I'm hoping they are able to dust off their britches and look forward to doing this again in November.

I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: