Tuesday, January 8, 2008



I was in a dandy mood. I was going to blog about how wonderfully the year had begun. Then the computer ticked me off. I just wanted to put up a quick post and run off to the studio. My husband got my daughter off to the bus stop and I had that extra time this morning to get started. One hour later, I get started. Computers are really ticking me off. A half hour listening to my computer make busy grinding sounds. Another half hour trying to get it to shut down and then restart.

Any way, back to those goals. More experimentation. This photo is of a piece I began last November. I set it aside when the commission took most of my time. This "experiment" is a result of my purchase of the Art Quilt Workbook, by Jane Davila & Elin Waterston. I decided to paint directly on fabric after it had been sewn. Scary. I also purchased some chunky lucite beads from ebay. These beads demanded a more playful piece. I have yet to quilt this piece or sew the beads on.

Another goal was achieved. Buy supplies. I should include a photo of some pocket change. That is all I have left after purchasing supplies. The final payment for the commission should arrive any day. That will cover my expenses. Sigh. Hopefully these supplies will last for at least four months.

As you can see, my goal for better blogging has not been achieved yet. How do some people do it everyday? Is my life so dull I have nothing to say?

1 comment:

Elin said...

Kudos on the experiment!